MADE (West Midlands)
MADE use one to one mentoring as part of their City Builder programme to support young people in planning their early steps towards a career. Volunteer mentors from professional backgrounds offer 6 one to one sessions to provide advice and coaching. These are held both face-to-face and online.
- Increased awareness of the many built environment professions, including routes into them
- Confidence and guidance in making career related decisions
- To offer a broader and more accurate view of career options and are inspired to succeed academically by being able to visualise clear routes to rewarding jobs.
Outputs from activities:
- 5 City Builder Mentoring partnerships
Outcomes from activities:
- Young people make good decisions about their next education or career moves
- Young people are well placed to be successful in applications into education, placements or jobs
- Young people have good quality contacts in the built environment sector
‘In 5 years time I will be pursuing my career in Architecture with excitement, motivation and hopefully a vast amount of knowledge and skills. All to make me ready to design the environment of the next generation’